Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Which Crown do I want to wear?

What does one associate a crown with? Royalty? Power? Riches? Wealth? Luxury? Social Status? Tradition? Ruling? Sovereignty?Inheritance? It could be any of those possibly more. Lately, I have found myself asking the question, though, which crown do I want to wear? So you ask yourself, "Tracy has access to a jeweled piece of priceless headgear?" I would boldly answer that I do! I do indeed, for I am an heiress! Again, you ask, "Tracy has access to a kingdom? She's a heiress to an empire?" I would boldly answer that I do! Still confused?
Let's back up a little, and dig deep into this feeling I've been having lately. It is no secret that I am a devout, publicly professed, baptized Christian. I believe in God's Word. I believe that Jesus Christ is God's only begotten Son. I believe that Jesus Christ bore the punishment for all past, present and future sinful believers when He hung on that cross over 2000 years ago. I believe that I am saved by grace through my faith. I believe that the grace I have experienced is irresistible and that I have been called according to God's purpose. You get it; I BELIEVE?
However, sometimes just saying that I believe is not enough. I've reached a point in my walk with the Lord where I realize I cannot sit and passively be changed by the Lord. I have responsibility! He knows already and He even knows what the future holds, but I don't! So, back to the beginning, what crown do I want to wear?

Do I want the crown of self-indulgence? It would appear that way by how I look. Do I want the crown of acceptance among my mortal peers? It would appear that way by how I behave? Do I want to wear the crown of authority? It would appear that way by how I can't let go of things. So, really, when I dig down deep, what crown do I want to wear? I want to wear the one that Jesus wears. I want to be like HIM? I want to forgive. I want to accept things for what they are. I want to help people seek God's kingdom and receive His grace. I want to be like Jesus. I want to be patient, kind, helpful, peaceful, loving and most importantly, UNCONDITIONAL! No strings attached. "Love as I have loved you," He said. These are the jewels I seek. All other treasure just gets in the way and cause me to stumble on my walk. It is the better way! It is.

When I hold onto those worldly crowns, it causes pain! It causes grief. It causes sorrow. It causes competitiveness. It causes strife and anger. Why would I desire those things? They are of this fallen world, not of God- not of Jesus. He was not just a wise teacher. He was not just a mere moral man. He was not just a good guy. He was, is and ever shall be our king. Nations will bow; mountains will fall into the sea; the earth will shake and the sky will fall when He returns. I then, will get to wear that crown for eternity.

That is the crown I want to wear.

Great, mighty Creator & Lord, dethrone me. Strip me of all that is impure and not of You. Empty me. Fill me with You. Crown me with YOUR crown. It is in Your mighty, holy, powerful and precious name that i pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only nice comments... follow your mom's rule... if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all!