Monday, October 26, 2009

No One is Righteous.. No, Not one! Romans 3: 10


What shall we conclude then? Are we any betterb? Not at all! We have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under sin. 10As it is written:
“There is no one righteous, not even one;
11there is no one who understands,
no one who seeks God.
12All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”c
13“Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit.”d
“The poison of vipers is on their lips.”e
14“Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”f
15“Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16ruin and misery mark their ways,
17and the way of peace they do not know.”g
18“There is no fear of God before their eyes.”h

Have you ever found that you are held to a higher standard because of your faith? I have. Have you ever noticed how people love it and gloat when a Christian messes up? I have. Have you ever experienced the unforgiveness of someone when you have blown it? I have. The good news, though, it that we are all sinners. Every single one of us falls short of the glory of God.

I find myself daily missing the mark. I might say something stupid. Maybe, I let my emotions get the best of me. Sometimes, I even envy others and covet their blessings! It's terrible! I ask the Lord to show me my heart, but it's ugly. UGLY I say! I know it; my Christian brethren know it, but why not the rest of the world? Well, I can only conclude in my teeny tiny unintelligent mind that it is because those who belong to this world find the things of God foolishness. It hurts to see my sin up on that cross! It hurts to look into the deepest, darkest, dingiest places of the farthest reaches of my very being to see what is there. Hopeful that some day that would vanish, I press on toward the prize. But, am I a blessing or a curse? I find that I have to reevaluate this on a constant basis! What is my purpose? Who am I? What in the world am I doing? Why do I say stupid things or do stupid things or write even dumber things? Well, plain and simple, I'm a sinner. So, folks, like it or not, for those of you who don't buy into Christianity, I am a sinner! I do mess up. Christian is not equal to perfection. If anything, Christian equates to admitting your weakness and frailty. Weak and frail- that's me. I can boast in this though: Thank GOD I have a savior! Thank GOD He made a way for me to confess and repent and to seek righteousness. Thank GOD HE had a plan- a perfect plan! I'm sorry if you find the bible foolish; I really am. I'm sorry if you cannot grasp the idea of a holy perfect man taking the punishment for undeserving sinners! I'm so, so sorry. It is for you that I pray!

So, I beg for your forgiveness and I lift you in prayer to MY SAVIOR - He could be yours. All it takes is admitting you are a sinner- search your heart. Believing in who Jesus Christ is and what He's done and that He rose from the dead. Confessing your sin and that He is Lord and Savior. So, don't go by me; read your bible. He will show you. I'm just an imperfect, weak, frail, sinner who makes loads of mistakes despite her desire to be more like Him. Be blessed today, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only nice comments... follow your mom's rule... if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all!