Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Reflection


The bible says when one door closes another one opens up. That's been my saving grace these past few weeks. With so much uncertainty and "business" in selling and buying a house, it is difficult to know what is "right" and it is SO difficult to be a truly honest person without getting taken advantage of. I know the Lord is on my side and has my back though as He always has. He constantly teaches me lessons in life and I am SO thankful He is not finished with me yet. Sometimes the lessons are very painful. He rejoices and shows me what I do right, but then I pray that dreaded prayer - Lord, show me my sin. Show me my heart. THAT is where you have to face the side of you that others criticize and talk about when you aren't looking. That side that I want to keep hidden behind a locked door. That side that I desperately want to defend, but know I cannot because sometimes, "it is my fault". Those are difficult words to say especially out loud. So, I apologize. I don't know what else to say. Sometimes, my shortcomings are much larger than "shortcomings". They are "tallcomings"- really, really big. The best I can do is say I'm sorry and by the grace of God strive to do better. It hurts to see my dark inward self, but Praise the Lord, that Jesus has covered my sin and I stand before the Father as though I never messed up. THANK GOD! So, if you have been injured by my shortcomings, know that the Lord is not finished with me yet. As long as I breathe, He's working on me. So, please forgive me! When I'm perfect, I'll be Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only nice comments... follow your mom's rule... if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all!