Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tough Times, Mighty God


So much has been happening around and to me lately, that I feel compelled to write this morning.  This is actually my second attempt because FB froze up on me, so here goes!

It seems lately that our family has been touched by many, many different circumstances such as but certainly not limited to the death of a young friend, people suffering financially in this very difficult economy, folks losing their homes, sudden terrible illness and disabilities, struggling marriages, dealing with the turmoil of poor decision making of superiors in a work place, loved ones succumbing to the pressures of life and turning to their addictions for comfort, and so many more sad, lonely, frightening circumstances.  It is very easy to sit on our bottoms and complain about God.  What kind of God would do this to His creation?  

Well, the truth is, WE DID THIS.  We are the ones who brought sin into the world.  The good news, though, is that God knew.  He knew because He is God and he had a plan all along from the very beginning.
 The bible says that, "We have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God," BUT "While we were STILL sinners, Christ died for us."  My dear, dear friends, we ALL need a savior.   In fact, Jesus Himself acknowledged the fallen nature of life here on earth.  He said, "In this life you will have trouble."  However, He also assures us that "[He] has overcome the world".  This is our HOPE, and I don't mean how we simple humans use the word hope as in a wish or desire, but in a biblical definition meaning this:
"To wait in joyful expectancy"

Isn't that so much more beautiful than to wish for something?  It is a PROMISE of what's to come!!  All that is broken will be fixed.  All that is sad and tragic will once again be happy and joyful!!  All who suffer will be at rest and at peace.  It is so simple... just confess Jesus.


  • We must ADMIT our sin and our short-comings.  Who among us has NEVER lied, cheated, thought or said something hurtful?   Who?  None.. but Jesus of Nazareth.  Just say it!



  • Then we must BELIEVE that Jesus is who He says He is and that He did what He said He'd do.  He is the only Son of God- fully man and fully God.  He lived a perfect life without sin. He was hung on a cross and separated from the father bearing all sin for those who believe in Him AND THEN, he conquered death by rising on the third day.

  • Beyond that friends, we must CONFESS, or proclaim this out loud before our peers.  I have.  I believe this with my whole heart.  I do not profess to be perfect AT ALL.  In fact, often I think I am the greatest sinner who ever walked the face of the earth.  I need to confess my sin daily because my heart can deceive me.

If you can do this, just pray a very simple prayer along these lines.
Dear Jesus!
I am a sinner!  I fall short of your glory and need you to help me.
I believe You are who you are and that you died to bear MY sin.  Thank you. 
Lord, Abide in me.  Make me part of your family of adopted sons and daughters to the throne of grace.
Lord, I cannot do this on my own and need you in my life.
In Jesus POWERFUL name I pray, AMEN.

If you pray this and mean it, you belong to God.  He will sustain you with peace that transcends all understanding at all times both good and bad.  He will calm the storms as they come.  Best of all, He will forgive you when you come to  Him with your faults and wrong-doings.  Many people cannot do this.  They hold grudges and hatred in their hearts, but God NEVER withholds forgiveness from His children.  Take your hurts and your sins to Him.  Lay them down at his mighty feet.  Yes, times are tough.  Yes, terrible things happen to those whom we love and we just can't imagine how He could allow this.  But, remember, this heart-ache is our own doing and our God will not forsake those who belong to Him. 

I praise Him today for giving me these words.   I praise Him today for being much, much bigger than anything I could face.  I praise Him because despite the pain in this life, the horror, the sorrow, the tears, the anger, the fear, the hurt, the confusion and anxiety, He is GOD.  He is with US.

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow.  Praise Him all creatures here below.  Praise Him above you heavenly hosts.
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!  AMEN."

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from…the Father.” James 1:17

Be blessed and be a blessing today!
Love,
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only nice comments... follow your mom's rule... if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all!