Thursday, July 08, 2010

Not going so well

I wrote this in March:

So, I've been going to the gym since January and we're almost in April.  I have not lost 1 (one) pound.  I find it very discouraging at times.  Maybe I just have to accept the way I look?  I am afterall, almost 42.   I have found something that I really enjoy, though, and that's the cycling class.  I don't know what it is?  I guess because I can customize it to my fitness level and feel some level of achievement each class I go to.  It also is nice too that my friend is one of the instructors, so it is safe!!  I tend to worry about what people think of me, but with Michelle as the teacher, I'm good!!

I've gotten lots of advice from how many calories to intake and how many to burn.  My trainer insinuates that I make excuses for not being able to go more often.  He doesn't have 3 kids, either.  I have one with many food allergies, another with 2 food allergies and a lot of sinus problems, and my oldest now suffering from mono.  Do you have any idea what dinner time alone is like at our house?  I easily make 3 separate meals.  Forget about how much my girls dance!!  Amy will be 8 1/2 hours and Kayli is 8 hours per week.  They go to competitions and just had a huge production!! Kevin is now playing sports and Don works a lot, so I take him.  In addition to that, I'm trying to substitute part time.  That's not going so well, either.  I either don't get called, or it's a job I can't do because of my kids' schedules.  I don't mind all this, but don't tell me I'm not crazy busy.  Books have been suggested for me to read, too.  Doctors to go see.  I just don't have the time or resources to do all of these things.  So, is it worth it?

There are other things I enjoy taking care of, too, but that's between God and me! We won't get into all that, but most of you know that I Co-direct the Children's Ministry programs at my church.  I take that very seriously, so it takes time, too.

So, here I am.  The same exact weight I was 3 months ago.  I'm still not enjoying my jeans! LOL... but, maybe some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only nice comments... follow your mom's rule... if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all!