Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Be Still and Know that I am God

Today I drove up to Merchantville.  The best route from my house was to take Egg Harbor Road, to Delsea Drive, to 55 north, to 130 north.  Have you EVER driven any of those roads?  There's something about NJ driving.  IT IS CRAZY!!!   On 55, there's a portion where the speed limit is 65 mph. THAT is fast! It IS!!  So, I set my cruise control because I CANNOT get a ticket! I'm petrified to speed. (not when I was younger, but now I am!)  So, I'm driving and cars are zooming past me! It's simply insane! Often, if I'm in the car alone I pray, and today was no different.  As I pray and watched the cars speed by and weave in and out of the two lanes going who knows how fast, I couldn't help hear a still small voice tell me to "be still". Suddenly, my mind was transported and I saw myself weaving in and out of my life.  I go from one activity to the next.  One child needs to be at point A, one at point B, and the other at point C, oh, and so & so is coming over in a 1/2 hour.  Oh, my, then I remember I have to go food shopping and need to stop at church to pick something up- oh no- drop something off.  Jeepers!  I forgot to get Don's dry cleaning!  Oh, wait, whose birthday gift do I need to buy?  Oh my- I missed Kevin's allergy shots.  Contacts, braces, check ups, pharmacy, etc. Tuition is due when? It's how much? Your pointe shoes are already too small?  Tap shoes- got it! Oh- Kevin needs a tennis racket and has outgrown his sneakers.  So obviously, not only does traffic race, but so does my mind. CONSTANT thoughts running around and around- never ending. Anxiety, worry, concern, plans, places, people, church, VBS, weight watchers, exercise, who will I disappoint.  Am I crazy? My head hurts! My body aches! On and on and on!!
Despite this insanity, I feel the presence of something bigger, more beautiful, more powerful, more loving, more compassionate, more understanding, more GOD, than anything else in the universe. "Be Still," He tells me.  "Be still MY CHILD.  Quiet this nonsense.  Settle your soul. Come to me.  My yoke is easy and my burden is light.  Cast your cares on me. I am the fortress and rock, an ever-present help in times of trouble.
You can't do this alone, but I am here. I CAN DO THIS.  Be still."
To quote the wisdom of George Lopez, I hear my Lord calling to me, "I got this!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Only nice comments... follow your mom's rule... if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all!