Saturday, January 02, 2010

The first day of the rest of my life......


OK... so that's a bit cliche'. EVERYONE uses that phrase, but if you think about it, it is true. There comes a point when a person decides, "I cannot keep living this way!". That is where I am. It is SO difficult around here to have "mommy" time, but it is a MUST. Today, Don and I will decide on a gym. I've thought long and hard regarding what I'm looking for. I need good hours. Curves was only open select hours and closed at 8:00 M-Th, 7:30 on Fridays was open only until the afternoon on Saturday and closed on Sunday. When you consider the amount of running around I do with and for the kids, there was no time for me to get there. So, I need a gym that is OPEN! Then I had to think about what kind of services? We watch Biggest Loser and I believe that one of the reasons those people are successful is because someone else is kicking their proverbial and literal BUTTS! I need that. So, two things will happen. I'll find a gym with instruction and go with my hubby! LOTS of accountability there!! I also get bored, so I need variety. I am looking for a gym with instructors and lots of different classes. At Curves, there was one circuit that I did 2X. That was the routine every time I went. I got bored.
The second part of all this is food. I, unfortunately, LOVE food. It is also my worst enemy. Amy is allergic to milk and eggs. Kevin is allergic to soy, peas, beans, grapefruit, peanuts, corn- Meals cause me distress. By the time I'm done fixing meals for them, and then a low carb diet for Donny... I'm pooped! Oh, did I mention I'm supposed to be on a special diet? I have a condition called Interstitial Cystitis. I SHOULD be on a very low acid diet. The other problem is my cholesterol is genetically high, so I should also be on a high fiber, lower fat diet. That doesn't leave me much to eat. SO, the second part of my goal is to find that happy place in my daily nutrition intake.

I have my work cut out for me. It will not be easy by any means, but it is something that must be done. With a lot of prayer and determination to get my back, I am confident that the picture for next Christmas Eve will look much, much different! This is not acceptable!

So, friends, happy New Year and God bless you!

I can do it!! Right?

So, that's where I am. Today IS the first day of the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only nice comments... follow your mom's rule... if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all!