Monday, September 26, 2011

"I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name."  Revelation 3:8


Every now and then the Lord knocks us down a few pegs.  Often, even as believers, we forget that we are the created not the Creator.  He made us for His purposes, not ours.  Many days we spend time praying and praying for an outcome that we are SURE is according to His will, but He reminds us that His ways are not our ways.


I've recently experienced such a situation. I thought that a door was opening, but it appears as it is going to be slammed in my face.  It's OK.  I understand the way this works and I have learned from it. 


1. I have learned that God really IS in charge and that He can for sure use all things for good according to HIS purposes. (Roman 8:28)  Sometimes I want things to turn out for MY purpose, but if God allowed that, then what would I learn.


2. I've learned how evil the tongue can be. Here is a full list of what the bible says about taming your tongue.  Don't deceive yourself, as I did, in thinking that you are looking out for someone when sharing vital information.  I allowed myself to be deceived and I am very sorry for it. 


http://www.openbible.info/topics/taming_your_tongue


3. I am not alone.  The Lord puts people in our lives to guide us and lift us up. Through the fire, I've been prayed for by some very loyal and lovely folks.  I often feel as though I don't deserve their friendship, but know how wonderfully blessed I am for having known and been in their presence. 

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11.  I am truly thankful that the Lord has allowed me to walk with them.  They've taught me so much.  

4. Finally, the Lord is not finished with me yet.  While I make myself sad over the circumstances, I know the Lord is working things out.  He even says so! 
"...being confident in this that He who began a good work in you will carry it on until completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6  I am a work in progress.  While I am a 43 year-old woman, I've only been a believer in Jesus for a little more than 8 years.  So much has happened and often I joke that I'm on fast-forward.  

There is a lot about what's happened, though, beyond myself that truly saddens me which is the root of all the drama and  nightmare, but this is a fallen world.  As soon as Eve took the fruit, and as soon as Adam ate it, sin began to dwell among us.  This is a terrible place, and I urge you to be cautious because the devil can disguise himself as light and deceive you. "And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light." 2 Corinthians 11:14.


Spiritual warfare is real and rampant now more than ever. Ephesians 6:12 says, "12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places." 

BUT, we know that Good already has triumphed.  In the meantime, look to those doors.  Right now, I feel as though a door is closing and my heart breaks because I thought it was a door that I loved.  God knows what is best for me, and He really may be pushing me in a new direction, or He may not.  I really won't know until I get there. "I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace.  In this world you WILL have trouble.  But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33. 

My prayer today is to trust Him.  I've spent 2 1/2 weeks suffering physically and worrying from events that have occurred, but I realize that is needless because He is really in control of His Creation.  The bible tells us "therefore there is now no condemnation in Christ." Romand 8:1.  So, if you find yourself feeling as I do, remember this. What's done is in the past.  When you belong to our Savior, God does not see you as a sinner. He sees His Son.


Proverbs 3:5-6

New International Version (NIV)


 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
   and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
   and he will make your paths straight.


Let's look carefully and be watchful.  Be blessed today and be a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Only nice comments... follow your mom's rule... if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all!